Walletbeat sync 2026-02-04
Attendees
- polymutex
- luci
- matt
- nico
Work we said we’d do last meeting (2026-01-08)
- polymutex
- Data collection tooling
- Continue project management work, PR reviews, branding discussions.
- Find balance and routine that fits new schedule.
- 0xMattmatt
- Continue work on wallet test page
- Wallet security news: Link on per-wallet page (#231)
- Wallet data entry for OKX Wallet and Bitget
- Help lucilajuliana with development environment setup
- ren2140
- Address feedback on questionnaire
- Send it out questionnaire to any wallet teams who will respond.
- Set up development environment to contribute response data back.
- lucilajuliana
- Continue branding effort. Do a follow-up with the designer.
- Share social media strategy in next branding call.
- Conference travel organization: will add every main event to our internal file
Work that was done despite not being planned
- darrylyeo
- Mobile layout improvements
- Typesystem fixes
- 0xMattmatt
- Social media threads
- Social media image templates
- Social media strategy for developer accounts
- News wallet page and news per wallet
- polymutex
- Package updates (Helios, cSpell) & small lint fixes
- Removal of Kubo CLI from CI deployment workflow
- External contributions from: Elytro (audits)
Initiatives & Updates
Ambire implements L1 provider configuration during onboarding
Thread to be posted about this on the Walletbeat project account:
And then they tweeted this:
Outreach:
- Gridplus: “currently stuck internally, waiting for approval. I mostly answered everything, just need a couple of final tweaks.”
- I will ping their team again next week to see when we can expect their responses but it sounds like we’ll for sure get something from Gridplus
- Have not heard back from anyone else will continue to ping. I can share the questionnaire with others if anyone has a warm intro to folks at other wallet teams, otherwise I will continue with the cold outreach
Branding / marketing
Still iterating through logo, colors, and typography system.
Work timeboxed to continue throughout February and March.
Weekly meetings, ask if you want to join them.
Social media strategy
- Lucila to discuss Walletbeat main project account strategy
- 0xMattmatt to discuss individual developer account strategy
Account recovery attribute
s3b0 thread: https://farcaster.xyz/53bo/0x6e1d2f1a
Next few weeks
- polymutex
- Demo wallet data collection CLI, write guide about it
- Rate 2 wallets’s data collection using it
- Close out 1TS security benchmark discussion
- Add 1TS security benchmark as additional ladder (not displayed on site, just to represent it in code)
- Submit EthCC talk proposal (deadline: February 20th)
- Respond to Coinspect (#215)
- 0xMattmatt
- Finalize January Monthly Ecosystem Update (#495)
- Write Walletbeat testing contract
- Finish wallet test page
- Incorporate that into the Transaction Legibility (& simulation) attribute
- Documentation guide for better contributing
- Demo w/ Polymutex data gathering tool
- Backfill using data gathering tool (Just two or three wallets for familiarity)
- Windows Development Environment
- ren2140
- Set up development environment
- Contribute data back
- [more?]
- lucilajuliana & Pablo
- Content calendar for February and March
- Set up PR review workflow for social media threads
- Execute on social media strategy
- Talk proposals for EthCC & others
- Content creation calendar for Walletbeat Road Show across main crypto events: https://docs.fileverse.io/document/j54F2RuocA1ZJTKonZcewV/share?node=wss%3A%2F%2Fcs2.fileverse.io#key=uLTeXL0yLjdfdp3pppqxp1wNzCFh86MrL8Dw9L8d0m8
Walletbeat Sync Meeting Summary - February 4, 2026 (AI-generated)
Attendees
- polymutex
- Matt (0xMattmatt)
- Nico
- Luci (lucilajuliana)
Main Segments of the Call
1. Bot Identification and Removal
Topic: Unauthorized participant “Fireflies.ai note taker Tanya” joining the meeting
Purpose: Identify and remove bot that automatically joins Jitsi links
Problem: A bot named “Fireflies.ai note taker Tanya” joined the meeting and was not on the invite list
Solutions: Team quickly identified it as a bot that automatically joins Jitsi links based on calendar events, and kicked it out after 10 seconds
Debate: Minimal - all agreed it was a bot
Follow-up: No action needed beyond removing the bot
2. Windows Development Environment Issues
Topic: Technical challenges with Windows development environment
Purpose: Address Windows-specific issues affecting project development
Problem: CRLF character issues causing lint warnings and pnpm dev failing to load on Windows
Solutions: Matt recommended using Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) for Windows development, confirming it’s the recommended approach
Debate: None - consensus on WSL as solution
Follow-up: Matt will help Luci with development environment setup
3. January Ecosystem Update
Topic: Monthly progress report for January 2026
Purpose: Bring Nico up to speed on project progress
Problem: Nico and needs context on recent developments
Solutions: Detailed walkthrough of January accomplishments:
- Custom component UI guide by PolyMutex
- Message signing feature implementation
- Transaction legibility attribute refactor (grouping transaction display, sign-in with Ethereum, typed signatures, etc.)
- New contributor added multi-website news feature
- Mobile layout improvements by Daryl
- Zeus wallet added by Zeus team member
- Ambire wallet fully rated
- Elytro, Bitget, and OKX wallet updates
- Behind-the-scenes work on methodology refinements (e.g., order flow transparency, stage system improvements)
Debate: None - information sharing only
Follow-up: Nico now has context on project progress; team will continue focusing on rating wallets and improving contributor experience
4. Frame Account Abstraction (EIP-8141) Discussion
Topic: Frame account abstraction proposal (EIP-8141)
Purpose: Discuss implications for Walletbeat’s stage system
Problem: EIP-8141 is published but still in draft stage with no official ACD approval
Solutions: Team discussed whether to include Frame AA in stage system requirements before finalization
- “Stage two wallet should propose full native AA service”
- “Align attributes in that direction regardless of whether implementation follows EIP-8141 or not”
Debate: Whether to make Frame AA a stage one or stage two requirement
Follow-up: Continue monitoring EIP-8141 development; no immediate changes to stage system
5. Branding and Marketing Progress
Topic: Current branding efforts
Purpose: Share visual identity progress and get feedback
Problem: Need to establish consistent brand identity for Walletbeat
Solutions:
- Working with Teresa (Web3 Privacy and DarkFi artist) on logo, colors, typography
- Focusing on cypherpunk values and “who watches the wallets” slogan
- Dark theme as main theme with specific iconography
Debate: None - just sharing progress
Follow-up: Continue weekly branding meetings; Teresa will refine designs
6. Ambire Wallet Endorsement
Topic: Ambire wallet’s public endorsement of Walletbeat
Purpose: Share validation from wallet teams
Problem: Need wallet team buy-in for credibility
Solutions: Ambire published “Mission: turn Ambire fully green on wallet beat” statement
Debate: Whether to get at least two wallet endorsements to create competition dynamic
Follow-up: Focus on securing second wallet endorsement (Elytro and Safe were identified as candidates)
7. Outreach Strategy
Topic: Wallet team outreach efforts
Purpose: Discuss how to get wallet teams to provide data
Problem: Wallets not responding to questionnaires
Solutions:
- Ren has sent questionnaires to wallet teams
- GridPlus responded with data (currently “stuck internally, waiting for approval”)
- Team considering sharing questionnaire with warm intros if available
Debate: None
Follow-up: Continue outreach; Ren to share Gridplus response next week
8. Social Media Strategy
Topic: Social media content plan
Purpose: Share social media strategy for building awareness
Problem: Need to build awareness and engagement for Walletbeat
Solutions: Four main content pillars:
- Credibility (establishing Walletbeat as authoritative source)
- Ecosystem education (explaining Walletbeat’s framework)
- Community cultivation (building community around “who watches the wallets” slogan)
- Wallet rating comparisons
Debate: None - just sharing plan
Follow-up: Luci and Pablo will create content calendar for February and March; social media threads will be reviewed before publishing
9. Live Stream Strategy
Topic: Potential live streams
Purpose: Discuss credibility-building opportunities
Problem: Need to build credibility and awareness
Solutions:
- Focus on organic growth with smaller wallets before approaching big ones
- Larger wallets have little incentive to participate in Walletbeat ratings due to their market dominance
Follow-up: No immediate plans for live streams; focus on getting 2-4 smaller wallets on board first
10. Pre-Launch Issue Review
Topic: Reviewing GitHub pre-launch issues
Purpose: Trim scope to focus on essential items for launch
Problem: 29 issues total, potential scope creep for launch
Solutions: Team went through all issues and trimmed down to 17 launch-blocking issues:
- Cut: Coinbase wallet (no longer exists), software wallet consolidation, hardware wallets, Phantom wallet
- Kept: Transaction simulation, private transfers, order flow transparency, security history, etc.
- Critical: Documentation guides for contributors, test page improvements
Debate: Whether to keep certain issues (e.g., software wallet integration for transaction eligibility on hardware wallets was unclear)
Follow-up: Focus on the 17 remaining issues for launch; Matt will work on documentation guides
11. Contribution Guide Development
Topic: Making contributions easier for non-technical people
Purpose: Address technical barriers to contribution
Problem: Most tasks are technical and hard for non-technical contributors
Solutions:
- Matt developing wallet test page that connects to real wallets and runs automated tests
- Adding instructions to convert test results into Walletbeat data
- Creating documentation for non-technical contributors to rate wallets
Debate: Whether non-technical people can contribute to wallet ratings
Follow-up: Matt will finalize test page and documentation guide; Luci will review documentation to see if she can contribute
12. Bounties and Payment for Contributions
Topic: Whether to pay for wallet ratings
Purpose: Discuss funding model for contributions
Problem: Need more contributors but don’t want to create perverse incentives
Solutions:
- If we manage to get same work from wallet teams themselves, we get higher quality data without paying for it
- We should avoid perverse incentives from raising money from wallet teams
- Discussion of “world cup” style contest for crypto cards in Argentina that drove engagement
Debate: Whether to implement payment for contributions or leverage competition between wallets
Follow-up: Wait until contribution guides are ready before considering bounties; focus on leveraging competition between wallets
13. Next Steps and Assignments
Topic: Task assignments for upcoming weeks
Purpose: Clarify responsibilities for team members
Problem: Need to move forward with specific tasks
Solutions:
- polymutex: Demo wallet data collection CLI, write guide, close 1TS security benchmark discussion, submit EthCC talk proposal
- Matt: Finalize January ecosystem update, write wallet testing contract, finish test page, documentation guide, Windows development environment
- Ren: Set up development environment, contribute data back
- Luci and Pablo: Content calendar for February/March, social media strategy execution, talk proposals
Debate: None - clear task assignments
Follow-up: Team will implement assigned tasks; next meeting scheduled in three weeks
High-Level Summary
This meeting served as a comprehensive update for Nico on Walletbeat’s progress and strategic direction. The team spent significant time reviewing January 2026 accomplishments, including transaction legibility attribute refactor, Ambire wallet fully rated, and mobile layout improvements. Key strategic discussions focused on:
-
Scope management: Team systematically reviewed 29 pre-launch issues and trimmed them down to 17 launch-blocking issues to avoid scope creep. Critical items include improving documentation for contributors and completing the wallet test page.
-
Wallet competition strategy: The team debated how to create incentives for wallet teams to participate in Walletbeat ratings. They discussed leveraging competition between wallets (like the Argentina crypto card “world cup” example) rather than paying bounties, which could create perverse incentives.
-
Technical challenges: Windows development environment issues were addressed by recommending WSL, and Matt is developing a wallet test page that will allow non-technical contributors to participate in wallet ratings.
-
Brand and marketing: The team shared branding progress with Teresa (Web3 Privacy/DarkFi artist) and outlined a four-pillar social media strategy focused on credibility, ecosystem education, community cultivation, and the “who watches the wallets” slogan.
The team agreed to focus on organic growth with smaller wallets first before approaching larger wallets, and to wait until contribution guides are ready before considering paid bounties. All team members received clear task assignments for the next few weeks, with next meeting scheduled in three weeks.